Gas Exchange and Aeration
is a UK based technology company which has developed an innovative Gas Exchange and Aeration Technology, with compelling applications in Water (raw water and waste water treatment, environmental remediation), Power (hydropower discharge treatment and thermal power station cooling), Renewables (waste to energy) and selected Industrial processes (Fermentation, Metals extraction and Biofuels).
It's all about bubbles...
Bubble technology plays a huge part in our everyday lives without us realising it - for example both in processing the water we drink and in treating the effluents we create.
The efficiency of aeration based treatment systems is strongly influenced by the amount of surface contact between air and water, and the length of time of that contact. Through several years of Research and Development in laboratories including those of Imperial College London, Cambridge and Cardiff University,
has studied, tested and finessed how to control and gain maximum benefit from bubble behaviour.
Our ability to develop and control bubble behaviour provides new opportunities that are otherwise inaccessible using conventional approaches.
aeration technology has many diverse applications:
- Municipal water and wastewater treatment plants
- Industrial effluent treatment e.g. Food & Brewing, Pulp & Paper; Mining
- Catchment rivers and streams
- Reservoirs and marine basins
- Landfill leachate discharge lagoons
- Storm water lagoons and tanks
- Combined Sewer Overflows (CSO’s);
- Grey Water recycling and re-use e.g. Groundwater augmentation
- Power generation (hydropower discharge aeration)
In addition there are particular process applications for Hydroventuri's core technology in large scale industrial process air cooling and raw commodity processing and refining that the company is currently developing for demonstration and commercialisation in the near future.